Central Jobs Category Manager Position at Essentra Pte Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Do you currently live in the Central and its surrounding areas and are looking for job vacancies? We are pleased to inform you that our company office, Essentra Pte Ltd is currently seeking candidates to then join and fill the position as Category Manager and able to work under full time working hours system.
We are a competent professional company, therefore we have specific criteria for the interested candidates. We give priority to candidates who are experienced in the field of Manufacturing & Purchasing/Material Mgmt with a minimum Bachelor's Degree. In addition, we also prioritize candidates who are professional at work, uphold honesty, discipline in responsibility, and are capable to complete their task as well as possible.
We are offering a salary of SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 for this position for interested candidates. However, this salary range can be negotiated and changed if the candidate's credibility exceeds our expectations and for sure, the agreement is adjusted to the policies of our company's HRD. Your capability will be highly appreciated by our company.
|Company||Essentra Pte Ltd|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Manufacturing, Purchasing/Material Mgmt|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
Filtrona is the only global, independent market leader in the design, testing and manufacturing of specialist filter solutions, tear tapes and related scientific services. With a head office in Singapore, Filtrona has 11 manufacturing facilities across Europe, America, and Asia, together with 3 innovation centres, an accredited laboratory and a centre of excellence focused on sustainability. The company has over 200 employees serving customers across 120 countries.
Our purpose is to support partners to transform and benefit from business growth; we succeed when they succeed. Our mission is to be a responsible, customer-focused innovation leader creating excellence in sustainable solutions for today and tomorrow.
For more information, please visit **
This is a key role within the Global Procurement team, reporting to the Procurement Director. The Category Manager is responsible for overall management of relevant procurement categories assigned to them (direct or indirect). The role will also support any strategic business initiatives to maximize revenue and profit.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage a spend of US$100-200M
- Maintain and strengthen supplier relationships
- Develop and implement specific category planning and management
- Develop and maintain category-specific knowledge, market intelligence that capture best practices
- Leverage market insights and trends to drive strategic decisions/sourcing initiatives in line with business goals and objectives
- Keep up to date with trends and innovations, regulations and new technology that can impact on the business
- Leverage category expertise to support new sales and businesses
- Establish, grow, and leverage network of suppliers
- Work collaboratively with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify continuous improvement plans
- Assess suitable alternative vendors to de-risk existing supplier base
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities, by studying relevant indices.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers and be key contact point in category negotiations
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Collate reports on purchases within each category, including cost analyses
- Lead Procurement Continuous Improvement Projects
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 15 years of procurement or category-related/supplier working experience
- Minimum 8 years of strategic sourcing or category management experience (*for “Indirect”, please add in “indirect spend experience e.g. Energy, Insurance etc”
- Experience with strategy development, budgeting and financial management
- Good understanding of the supplier landscape and interpretation of market trends
- Ability to develop and frequently refresh category market intelligence
- Strong desire to drive the category forwards to deliver incremental value for the business
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build good working relationships with stakeholders
|Address||1 Paya Lebar Link, #04-01 Essentra Components Pte. Ltd., Paya Lebar Quarter, Singapore 408533|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Essentra is a leading international supplier of specialist plastic, fibre, foam and packaging products with three Strategic Business Units: Component Solutions, Health & Personal Care Packaging and Filtration Products. Every day we produce and distribute millions of small but essential components. Our products may not be noticeable – or even recognisable – but wherever you are, our business is all around you.
Our international network extends to 33 countries and includes 53 principal manufacturing facilities, 64 sales and distribution operations and 5 research & development centres.
- Industry: Manufacturing / Production
- Registration No.: 201004693D
- Company Size: 1 - 50 Employees
- Benefits & Others: Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Formal (e.g. Shirts + Ties)