Central Jobs Data Engineer, Group Banking Technology, – #worknow #seekbetter – #seek Position at United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB)
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Hi, there! Are you that lucky person we are looking for which will join our company? We will be delighted to have you!
We are hiring for candidates in the residents of Central and the surrounding regions, we are open recruitment for the positions as Data Engineer, Group Banking Technology, - #WorkNow #Seekbetter - #Seek in our business office, United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB).
This is a decent opportunity for you who are willing to work under full time working hours.
Candidates with a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree & Master's Degree or even higher and greatly experienced in Computer/Information Technology & IT-Software are especially required. Because our company values a competitive and professional work atmosphere, the candidates we seek must be dependable, honest, disciplined, and diligent.
We can offer you a salary that is generally between SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, which is competitive and reasonable. But no need to be worry! If you are beyond our expectations and dedicated to bringing our company to be much better with the credibility that you can offer, the salary range is negotiable and also can be changed according to our company HRD agreement.
|Company||United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB)|
|Position||Data Engineer, Group Banking Technology, - #worknow #seekbetter - #seek|
|Career Level||Senior Executive|
|Work Experience||3 years|
|Qualification||Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Computer/Information Technology, IT-Software|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.Our history spans more than 80 . Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
- Take end-to-end development ownership for one or more modules and deliver to production
- Understand functional requirements / user stories and come up with effective solutions by breaking down into meaningful tasks
- Participate as a member of agile team and deliver high quality software
- Man multiple projects at the same time
- Guide and support other members of the team, including temporary staff to perform effectively in their role
- Communicate with other stakehers like other project teams, infrastructure security teams as required and man dependencies
- Understand and follow UOB software delivery process deliverables, ensure process compliance
- Create a network with other departments and teams, to know about strategic issues and new developments
- Understand long terms strategic plans for the department and support towards the same
- Possess personal cour to do what is right and work as a team member to meet customer expectations
- Continuously prioritize technical debt for the team and ensure they are taken care in project releases
- Participate in int meetings (planning, review) and estimate stories, breakdown to tasks
- Prepare for int demos and demonstrate to Product Owner, receive feedback and implement
- Exhibit good attention to detail and enthusiasm to take ownership
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience building Apache Kafka applications
- Strong working experience with Java, ing Boot and API (Microservices)
- Experience building data pipelines with Apache NiFi in production scale
- Experience building data streaming applications using Apache Spark and Kafka Streams
- Experience working with a variety of data sources and sinks (API, MQ, Files, Databases, Hot lakes, Big data systems etc.)
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (like MariaDB, Oracle, MongoDB) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory, Veracode etc.) to build pipelines
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience tuning Kafka and NiFi components for varying traffic and performance requirements
- Ability to learn new programming langus and technologies
- Excellent communication skills to interact within and outside the team
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate’s , race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
In 1935, amid the economic uncertainties following the Great Depression, UOB opened its doors to offer banking services for the merchant community in Singapore.
Since then, UOB has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions. Today, UOB is rated among the world’s top banks: ‘Aa1’ by Moody’s and ‘AA-’ by Standard & Poor’s and Fitch Ratings.
Generations of UOB employees for the past 80 years have carried through the entrepreneurial spirit, focus on long-term value creation and an unwavering commitment to do what is right for our customers and our colleagues.
At UOB, we believe in being a responsible financial services provider and we are committed to making a difference in the lives of our stakeholders and in the communities in which we operate.
Just as we are dedicated to helping our customers manage their finances wisely and grow their businesses, UOB is steadfast in our support of social development, particularly in the areas of art, children and education.
- Industry: Banking / Financial Services
- Registration No.: 193500026Z
- Company Size: More than 5000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 30 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Education support, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Loans, Sports (e.g. Gym), Parking, Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)
This Job Vacancies Grouping Tag:
- Data Engineer, Group Banking Technology, - #worknow #seekbetter - #seek position job vacancies
- Full-Time job vacancies in 2023
- job vacancies for Bachelor's Degree
- job vacancies for Master's Degree
- job vacancies for Post Graduate Diploma
- job vacancies for Professional Degree
- job vacancies in the city of 2023