Central Region Jobs Deputy Director, Strategy Position at National Trades Union Congress (NTUC)
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) has open a job vacancy for the domicile of Central and surrounding areas as deputy director, strategy with full time work system which will then be placed in our company office.
The candidates we need are those who have the minimum criteria of Not Specified and experienced and have the integrity to work in the field of Admin/Human Resources & Top Management.
Our company highly values a professional and competitive work environment, therefore, candidates are required to uphold honesty and discipline in a work environtment.
As a professional company, we offer a competitive monthly base salary SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700 which can be adjusted by the decision of our HRD company and adjusts to the capabilities of the candidate offers for our company.
|Company||National Trades Union Congress (NTUC)|
|Position||Deputy Director, Strategy|
|Career Level||Senior Manager|
|Work Experience||10 years|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Admin/Human Resources, Top Management|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
Committed to helping workers stay relevant and have longer employability in an evolving world of work, NTUC helps workers take on the better jobs of today as well as identifies ways for them to continually upskill and reskill for higher wages and better jobs of tomorrow.
The Strategy team has responsibility for supporting NTUC to develop, manage and coordinate all key strategy development and management processes. Within the Strategy department, the Strategy Management function focuses on corporate planning and development of strategies for NTUC and the Labour Movement to ensure it stays future-ready and future-relevant.
Role & Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity to be in the heart of the Labour Movement think-tank, to contribute towards the well-being of workers.
Reporting to the Director, you will lead a team and oversee its resources, execution, and delivery.
- Lead strategic partnerships with government agencies, institutes of higher learning, and internal stakeholders to:
- Understand macro environment developments – political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental trends globally as well as locally.
- Develop ground sensing and appreciation of national policies.
- Articulate strategic implications for the labour market and workers, including industrial organisation and management, learning and development, and career pathways.
- Recommend strategic action plans for NTUC and tripartite partners.
- Engage with internal and external thought leaders to understand their context, viewpoints and perspectives on strategic moves and economic values.
- Synthesise diverse data inputs and viewpoints into the formulation of plausible scenarios and associated narratives to explore opportunities and challenges of the evolving digital and knowledge economy in our workforce.
- Facilitate union engagement sessions to validate hypotheses and formulate a strategic point of view.
- Sharing of strategic foresight, think pieces, programmes, and initiatives with senior management regularly with respect to the current issues and future opportunities and challenges facing the Labour Movement.
- A University and/or postgraduate degree in strategy, strategic management, economics, business, finance or other disciplines relevant to corporate planning will be an advantage.
- At least 10 years in a mid-management role in strategy; management consultancy; corporate advisory; or planning in a high-impact dynamic organization. Familiar with strategic visioning and planning projects and driving organisational improvements.
- Keen interest in current affairs, in tune with prevailing political, economic, and social trends.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to navigate ambiguity, think out of the box, challenge herd thinking, conceptualise and create practical and workable solutions.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, management and communication skills with high influencing power, able to facilitate group discussions to harness collective intellect and value.
- Strong organizational skills to plan and execute turn-key projects and bring them to fruition.
- High energy, hands-on attitude and aligned with the LM’s mission of helping working people, and making a difference in the social good.
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) is a national confederation of trade unions as well as a network of professional associations and partners across all sectors in Singapore.
NTUC’s objectives are to help Singapore stay competitive and workers remain employable for life; to enhance the social status and well-being of our members and working people; and to build a strong, responsible, and caring labour movement. NTUC’s vision is to be an inclusive labour movement for all collars, ages, and nationalities. NTUC is at the heart of the Labour Movement, which comprises 58 affiliated unions, seven affiliated associations, 12 social enterprises, six related organisations as well as a growing ecosystem of U Associates and enterprise partners.
At the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), we strive to help workers of all collars, ages, and nationalities achieve gainful employment through better jobs, and a better living through higher wages so they can live a better life.
Apart from protecting the rights and advancing the interests of our workers, NTUC also strives to support working families through the various stages of their lives and moderate their cost of living.
We want to CARE for our working people, ensure workplace practices are FAIR for them and GROW our workforce for a better future.
We will contact only shortlisted candidates.
- Industry: Non-Profit Organisation / Social Services / NGO
- Registration No.: S64TU0450K
- Company Size: 501 - 1000 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 23 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Education support, Miscellaneous allowance, Medical, Sports (e.g. Gym), Vision, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Business (e.g. Shirts)