Bukit Timah Jobs Hod (languages), Pri Position at St Francis Methodist School Ltd
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
Hi, there! Are you that lucky person we are looking for which will join our company? We will be delighted to have you!
We are hiring for candidates in the residents of Bukit Timah and the surrounding regions, we are open recruitment for the positions as HOD (Languages), Pri in our business office, St Francis Methodist School Ltd.
This is a decent opportunity for you who are willing to work under contract working hours.
Candidates with a Not Specified or even higher and greatly experienced in Healthcare & Diagnosis/Others are especially required. Because our company values a competitive and professional work atmosphere, the candidates we seek must be dependable, honest, disciplined, and diligent.
We can offer you a salary that is generally between SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700, which is competitive and reasonable. But no need to be worry! If you are beyond our expectations and dedicated to bringing our company to be much better with the credibility that you can offer, the salary range is negotiable and also can be changed according to our company HRD agreement.
|Company||St Francis Methodist School Ltd|
|Position||Hod (languages), Pri|
|Career Level||Not Specified|
|Type of Work||Contract|
|Specialization Required||Diagnosis/Others, Healthcare|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
The Head of Department (HOD) plays a crucial role in the main activity of the School. HODs inspire and motivate pupils and colleagues, by ensuring the provision of the right material at the right time for the right students.
· Establish systems, structures and processes for effective implementation of the primary school curriculum for Languages
· Oversee upholding of curriculum and administrative policies (e.g. assessment policy etc) for the subjects within the department.
· Formulate strategies for sustained growth of the subjects within the department.
· Monitor and guide teachers teaching the subjects of the department in the administering of the subjects to students
· Contribute to the overall leadership and management of the school; carrying functional responsibility for assigned inter-departmental areas
· Support school leaders in the provision of stewardship to teachers in the delivery of the Primary School curriculum
· Organise and oversee internal assessments and moderation
· Organise and conduct external assessments according to Cambridge International and SFMS regulations
· Manage the publication of examination results and associated follow up actions e.g. coordinating appeals process etc
· Ensure the maintenance of appropriate and accurate student and school records
· Ensure the integrity of all records
Leadership in Teaching and Learning
· Plan department activities in cooperation of the school leaders to ensure alignment of the school academic policy with SFMS expectations
· Work in close collaboration with the school leaders on curriculum development
· Document practice for administrative reviews to improve curriculum delivery and student outcomes
· Ensure that curriculum and assessment requirements are understood by the subject teachers of the department and by students undertaking the subjects
· Monitor the progress of students of the subject to ensure students meet programme and examination requirements
· Ensure the availability of required learning resources
· Provide effective communication and guidance to teachers
· Ensure subject teachers are adequately trained in accordance with Cambridge International requirements or requirements of other relevant authorities
· Ensure subject teachers have access to relevant Cambridge International or other relevant publications
· Establish collaborative spaces and conduct regular reviews with teachers as part of programme refinement efforts
· Identify opportunities at internal and external Cambridge International workshops and coordinate staff professional development
· Induct new teachers on all relevant aspects of the programme
· Develop and manage the department budget
· Maintain a working knowledge of colleagues’ roles and responsibilities to establish effective working relationships to facilitate collaboration across curriculum areas
· Identify all other non-human resource needs and prioritise resource acquisition within context of a school strategic plan
Communications with Stakeholders
· Develop and review handbooks and brochures and other promotion material to facilitate communication of comprehensive information to current and prospective students and parents
· Maintain consistent and regular communication with parents and stakeholders on the progress of students and programme
· Provide guidance to teachers on communication with students and parents when required
· Participate in marketing and liaison activities to promulgate the school’s programmes and value proposition to prospective students
· Preparation of Schemes of Work according to the syllabus
· Classroom teaching
· Setting and vetting of examination papers
· Invigilation of tests and examinations
· Marking of assignments and examination scripts
· Keeping up-to-date attendance records
· Provision of academic counselling to students
· Disciplining and counselling of students
· Guide and support peers and / or junior teachers
· Execution of CARE Teacher duties if assigned
· Attending meetings with parents (PSTM)
· Other duties as assigned by the school leaders
· Minimum degree and professional teaching qualification are essential
· At least 3 years in a middle management position in a school environment
· Excellent leadership and people skills.
· Passion for educating and interacting with youth and children
· A dynamic and highly driven individual with strong communication and analytical skills.
· Ability to utilise strategic systems thinking
· Understanding of the principles of complex organisational culture and behaviour, including
team dynamics and operational leadership
|Address||492 Upper Bukit Timah Rd, St Francis Methodist School, Singapura 678095|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Established in 1960, St Francis Methodist School is proud to be among the quality private schools which has been awarded with the prestigious EduTrust 4-year certification.
We have about 600 students from over 17 countries, pursuing world-recognized Primary, Secondary and Pre-University academic programmes, including the Cambridge Primary Programme, Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ level, Cambridge IGCSE, Upper Secondary Australian Matriculation Programme (AUSMAT), Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Level (IAL), Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
St Francis Methodist School is looking for experienced and dynamic individuals to join our school.
- Industry: Education
- Registration No.: 201021676W
- Company Size: 51 - 200 Employees
- Average Processing Time: 23 days
- Benefits & Others: Dental, Medical, Parking, Regular hours, Mondays - Fridays, Smart Casual