Central Jobs Raffles Hotel Singapore – Director Of Housekeeping Position at Raffles Hotel Singapore
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Diploma & Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of Hotel/Restaurant & Hotel/Tourism, we Raffles Hotel Singapore, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as raffles hotel singapore - director of housekeeping and dedicated to work in full time which domiciled in Central - Others and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from SGD 2.000 - SGD 5.700.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|Company||Raffles Hotel Singapore|
|Position||Raffles Hotel Singapore - Director Of Housekeeping|
|Career Level||Senior Manager|
|Work Experience||7 years|
|Qualification||Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Diploma|
|Type of Work||Full-Time|
|Specialization Required||Hotel/Restaurant, Hotel/Tourism|
|Minimum Salary||SGD 2.000|
|Maximum Salary||SGD 5.700|
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for all aspects of the Housekeeping Department’s functions as indicated in the organisational chart and ensures that all areas of influence deliver the highest level of standards, cleanliness, hygiene and guest satisfaction through personalised guest services and emotional luxury. The position also ensures that all associated administration tasks are laid out and executed to the highest level of organisational behaviour, productivity and efficiency staying in full control of related functionalities. Competent to lead a diverse range of people, manage equipment and supplies, be innovative and resourceful.
Strategically Manages the Overall Housekeeping Logistics with Yearly Executive Goals in Mind and Supports the Housekeeping Team in the Daily Operation
- Compiles and constantly reviews standard operating procedures for all areas of responsibility, ensuring that they are periodically updated.
- Ensures all auditing and reporting standards are conveyed to colleagues and adhered to in a detailed and timely manner.
- Conducts regular inspections of the hotel’s front of the house and back of the house to ensure adherence to cleanliness and maintenance standards.
- Ensures all Housekeeping quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Ensures quality of product is maintained through ensuring consistency in its delivery and standards.
- Conducts quality control inspections of all areas of the hotel under his / her responsibility on a daily and regular basis; shares results and constructive feedback with his/her team for constant perfection of process and quality delivery.
- Spearheads a consistent inspection program for VIP rooms along with respective designated Heartists®.
- Spearheads a consistent weekly preventive rooms and public areas inspection along with Director of Engineering and Director of Rooms / Hotel Manager followed by action plans to maintain a pristine product.
- Oversees cleaning schedule and preventive daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly and yearly maintenance program for the rooms, public areas and equipment. Work with Chief Engineer to maintain areas of the hotel to the highest standards and assist in scheduling periodic property maintenance followed by spring-cleaning.
- Manages all outside contractors relating to his / her department ensuring they follow all hotel policies when on premise and that their work practice matches the values of Raffles Singapore.
- Oversees the partnership operations of laundry, uniform, linen, decorations and landscaping.
- Conducts monthly meetings with partners and suppliers to keep and refine relationships, standards and processes.
- Works closely with Flower Shop team to ensure consistencies and flawless delivery of radiant flowers in rooms and public areas.
- Oversees inventory reports and spot checks to ensure no depletion of any product or OS&E occurs.
- Manages operating expenses in line with profitability budget guidance. Strives to ensure best value of money in supplies without diluting quality.
- Prepares all departmental budgets and manages all operational cost within approved budgets.
- Consistently strategises future threats of the departmental recruiting needs and communicates with HR to avoid working in distress mode.
- Ensures accounting processes are timely followed by subordinates.
- Prepares requisitions as required and needed.
- Consistently strives to reach or exceed departmental forecasted productivity.
- Ensures monthly meetings and briefings of the sub departments are performed consistently.
Provides a Guest Experience that Exceeds Guests’ Expectations
- Analyses, communicates and responds to guest feedback to ensure guest satisfaction is exceeded. Is committed to continuously improve the quality of products, services and performance of team members.
- Resolves guest complaints in a sensitive, timely and appropriate manner in order to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Gathers guests’ feedback through daily interactions with guests and other Heartists® and shares those comments with the team during briefings in a timely manner.
- Responsible for enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest.
- Recommends and proposes changes to the product and its services based on market research and current trends.
- Leads the Housekeeping team with a Heartist® approach.
Management and Leadership of the Housekeeping Team
- Understands the “sense of place” when it comes to cultural differences and needs.
- Able to blend, mould and adapt to the different cultures of the workplace while maintaining an achiever, firm, strict, emotionally complacent, engaging and supportive behavioural traits.
- Supports the Housekeeping Team with an enabling and inspiring leadership style to promote consistency in service as well as a collaborative and effective work environment.
- Ensures training programs are designed and implemented to meet changing needs and spearheads those trainings.
- Works in collaboration with the Talent and Culture Team to ensure training work hours as well as mandatory certifications / courses are completed timely.
- Conducts probation and annual appraisals in line with company guidelines.
- Executes effective and consistent one on one with direct report with mentorship and development in mind. Subsequently, develops similar approaches for reporting lines.
- Develops talent for growth within Raffles Hotel Singapore and for Accor among all ranks.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff to enhance performance and corrects actions whenever needed.
- Establishes guidelines for a productive work schedule in line with local labour laws.
- Drives constant service and system improvement with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Ensures that employees are aware of all Fire, Life and Safety procedures as well as health and safety requirements.
Involvement as a Member of the Hotel Leadership Team
- Represents the Executive Team with adequate attitude, emotional luxury and knowledge expected from a Department Head in and outside of the workplace.
- Constantly opens to welcome constructive feedback and acts upon recommendation from Executive Committee members and other Department Heads pertaining to collaboration of goals and needs.
- Adheres to the grooming guidelines of Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- Develops own knowledge and skills to grow as a business partner and leader.
- Actively supports Planet 21 practices and lead the relative initiatives pertaining to Housekeeping.
- Ensures colleagues are at all times perpetually versed with information, promotions, hotel news and changes communicated and at the most updated level of product knowledge.
- Develops and implements strategies to minimise absenteeism by managing occupational health and safety issues.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance is aligned with Accor Values – Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Personally ensures compliance with all relevant workplace health safety related policies and be well versed in fire evacuation procedures.
- Participates in HR initiatives pertaining to community and colleagues engagement activities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma or Degree preferably in hospitality or related field.
- 7 years in industry experience, minimum 3 years as a Director of Housekeeping.
- Experience in similar size/style of hotel 5 star resort/business.
- Oral and written fluency in English. Ability to converse in other languages is an advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) and Opera PMS.
- Interpersonal skills to deal with guests and staff issues combined with adequate flair and style to fit the position and place.
- Able to resolve problems and make decisions confidently.
- Able to work with no close supervision and able to run the department and make business decisions independently.
- Adaptable to multicultural guest needs, strives within diverse cultures.
- Sense and discrete in supporting guest needs.
- Targets to constantly improve the guest service experience.
- Leadership skills required – collaborative, enabling, has a sense of urgency, organised, entrepreneurial and able to set priorities.
- Career focused, wanting to grow and develop, self-driven.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues’ Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit – Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children’s Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.
|Address||1 Beach Rd, Hotel Raffles, Singapura 189673|
- Get work experience
- Bonus for overtime
- Be taught first
- Good work environment
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
Raffles Hotel Singapore welcomed guests in August 2019 after a careful and sensitive restoration breathing new life into its beautiful building. One of the few remaining great 19th century hotels in the world, the hotel is perfectly preserved both inside and out, giving it an intoxicating blend of luxury, history and classic colonial design. Its distinctive architecture, legendary heritage and iconic service continue to enthrall visitors while restored suites, new social spaces, restaurants and bars have been enhanced for discerning travellers.
- Industry: Hotel / Hospitality
- Registration No.: 52918810D
- Company Size: 201 - 500 Employees